Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Welcome to Thunderdome, B%#@!

This morning my roommate Leif and I participated in the first organized “Indoor Cycling in Chris’s Garage” class.  Sure, there have been lots of individual and group workouts out there in the past, but this was the first time that I was leading a planned workout for more than just myself, and the first time that we used all of this fancy equipment in its current set-up:

  • My Zune plugged into a stereo and speakers
  • box fans for each trainer

You can see the TV and the computrainer PC in the pictures, too, but we didn’t use ‘em for today’s class.  I’m also rather proud of the drywall, insulation and floor coating that I installed myself (more or less).

spinlab-1   spinlab-2

Leif is a very strong runner but doesn’t have much competitive cycling experience.  To sum up his background, when he and his girlfriend did a two-person mountain bike race this winter Leif decided that they would be better off if he just ran while she rode.  Really.  They finished dead last.

spin-victim

my first victim … er … “volunteer”

We had a pretty good time with it.  Leif’s IT bands aren’t accustomed to much hard riding so we tried to tweak his bike fit a bit and to be careful about hiim pushing it too hard.  Of course, his running mentality had him railing it from the first interval.

This Thursday will bring Class #2 and my second victim, Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment