Monday, May 11, 2009

The New Rig

Here is a closer look at the bike that I’m riding this year, courtesy of US Pro Tri:

Jamis

Frameset: Jamis Xenith T2
Wheels: HED Jet 60 front & 90 rear rims with HED’s 2009 hubs 
Group: Shimano Ultegra SL (borrowed from last year’s bike)
Bars: Profile Carbon X 1.5
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR T1
Pedals: Look Keo (purchased at Austin Tri-Cyclist!)
Tires: Schwalbe Lugano (through Recycled Cycles / Raleigh)

This is the first year that I’ve raced on clinchers and so far I like that change for a few reasons:

  • I don’t have to change brake pads before and after each race
  • The braking performance is better
  • I have a lot more experience changing flats on clinchers than on tubulars

The Schwalbe Luganos are their basic wire-bead training tires but they come in lots of hot colors.  The red ones look hot with the black, white and red frame, eh?

I am still getting acclimated to the new ride but I’ve raced it twice so far – at a local time trial on April 25th and then at Wildflower on May 2nd.  Since Wildflower I’ve ridden this bike outdoors a lot more and I am starting to get quite comfortable.  If you’re racing Kansas 70.3 or at Philadelphia, look out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment