Friday, January 18, 2008

Science of Sport blog

I just discovered a cool blog called The Science of Sport where two South African kinesiologists discuss a variety of topics related to exercise.  The first post that I read was about Running Economy but I also saw topics ranging from Roger Clemens to studies on Wii exercise.  It looks like they have a lot of content about running so I'll definitely be back for some deeper reading when I find some time.

Speaking of the Wii, I did get an email back from my grandmother's apartment complex and they said that they're doing a pilot program with the Wii at one of their other buildings.  Even though the study mentioned above concluded that Wii users don't get a useful amount of aerobic activity, just the movement and mobility work sounds beneficial to seniors in my very unscientific opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment