Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Issaquah Triathlon: Meet the Pro, and Volunteer!

photoThis Saturday I will be racing at the Issaquah Triathlon. This will be one of my tune-up events for the next ITU Pan American Cup in Coteau-du-Lac, Quebec, on June 26th.

I raced at Issaquah back in 2004 and 2005. The 2004 race was my first overall victory in a triathlon, so that was pretty memorable. In 2005 I finished second behind Jon Salerno. I just found a picture online from the 2004 race – it looks like I blew a kiss to the photographer! Classy!

In addition to competing in this Saturday’s race, I will also be hanging out in the expo area after the race to talk triathlon with anybody who wants to stop by. So come find me! I will have one of those big collapsible canopy/tents set up with a few chairs. I’ll be happy to talk about training, nutrition, racing, equipment, travel tips, the Olympic qualification process, life on the road, incriminating stories about other pros, … whatever you have always wanted to know about triathlon! I will have some coupons and giveaways from a few of my sponsors & friends – Brooks running shoes, Nuun and Bill the Butcher. I will have some of my racing equipment on hand for you to check out, including the latest Helix wetsuit, goggles and accessories from Blue Seventy and a set of brand-new Mad Fiber wheels. I will also have some information about a few training camps that I am helping to organize – a week-long camp in Kona this August and then also some warm-weather training camps this winter.

This is the first time that I’ve put together an informal “meet the pro” event, and if people seem to get a kick out of it then I will gladly do this again at other Seattle-area races. If you have other ideas on how to make this awesome, please let me know – chris [at] christremonte [dot] com.

On a related note: I talked to the Race Director yesterday and they could still use a few more volunteers. These events take a lot of manpower in order to go smoothly, and we racers really appreciate your help. In fact, to show my appreciation I have teamed up with Bill the Butcher to offer a $25 gift certificate to each of the next four people who offer to volunteer at the race. If you are interested, please email info@issaquahtri.com and then also email me at chris [at] christremonte [dot] com so I can set aside a gift certificate for you!

I hope to see a lot of you out there this Saturday! Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment