Sunday, April 6, 2008

My Blog Ate My Homework

blog-ate-homework It's been tough for me to get blog entries written these last two weeks thanks but I did try on Monday night: after staying up late (11:30!) to write up a decent post about the weekend's races I clicked the [publish] button only to see a message that my Community Server session had timed out and therefore my content was lost! Aaarrrrggghhhh!!

So today I downloaded a blog authoring client application that I'd heard about at work, Windows Live Writer.  This application lets you author your blog entries offline and makes it easier to add pictures and rich content.  It knows how too talk to most/all of the major blogging engines.  It provides a richer user interface than an inline text-entry control on a website.

The picture handling is a big improvement from the manual FTP-ing that I was doing before.  I like the WYSIWYG editor, too...  I may do a follow-up post in a few weeks once I've used the app for awhile but so far it's looking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment