Sunday, June 17, 2007

cascades edge

This morning I raced in a local olympic distance triathlon - Cascades Edge.  This was my first triathlon this year that didn't require an airline ticket.  It's always fun to race locally with friends and family all around.  The weather was cold and wet but I put together my usual combination of a strong swim/run and a reasonable-enough bike to take the overall win. 

They had to change the run course after a heavy rain made the original course too dangerous.  The new course was four loops around a lake on a dirt trail.  There were a few mud puddles here and there - it was like Bridle Trails without the horses.  I felt really light on my feet today and really flew through the four laps.  Fun times.  Both of my parents came to watch the race as well.  They took some pictures so I'll try & post a few one of these days.

Right now I am wathcing the Hy-Vee World Cup in Des Moines.  Rasmus Henning looks like he's going to hold off the charging Javier Gomez and Bevan Docherty.  Greg Bennett may end up in fourth - his wife won the women's race!  I've gotta give Ben Collins a call and see how this morning's age gorup race went.  The results aren't online yet.

Training Summary

Thu 14 June: Seward Park Crit plus riding there & back

Fri 15 June: 40-minute lunch run with Mike Daly and John Sweeney

Sat 16 June: short swim-bike-run & equipment check... it's good that I still did this despite it being a lower-priority race as I ofund that one of my rear-wheel set screws was sheared and I had to go find a replacement.  Luckily discovered this issue at 11am and not 11pm.

Sun 17 June: race

No comments:

Post a Comment